GeoUS (Geothermal Energy in Special Underground Structures)
GeoUS will support increased research excellence in geothermal energy at VSB -Technical University of Ostrava, Czech Republic through close cooperation with Fraunhofer Institute, Germany and University of Vaasa, Finland. The ultimate goal is the development of multi-disciplinary research and innovation skills in the Czech Republic, focused on the fundamental and practical aspects of developing geothermal as a sustainable energy source. GeoUS will enable VSB-TUO to expand its network with leading research organisations in geothermal energy. It also involves young researchers to support future development of research activities impacting in the Moravia Region in line with the Regional and National Research and Innovation Strategy for Smart Specialization (RIS3 Strategy) and ESIF targets. The results will be widely shared with City Authority of Ostrava, Moravian-Silesian Regional Authority and also with authorities at national level.
1. Transfer knowledge and build excellent research.
2. Increase scientific excellence in thermal characterization and mathematical modelling of heat flows and temperature fields and in measurement and control of energy flows.
3. Improve the scientific excellence and research capacity of VSB-TUO.
4. Increase the capacity of VSB-TUO for participation in future high-quality research activities and innovation in thermal energy in Central Europe.
5. Increase the interaction with and between the main players in the innovation process in Czech Republic for developing and exploiting geothermal energy.
6. Widen the visibility of VSB-TUO as a centre of excellence for thermal energy.
7. Engage with the public and citizens and young people on science related to thermal energy.
Obecná forma (normální záznam)
Program EU (zdroj 1401,2401),Horizon Europe