Construction of CPIT TL3 and installation of technology
- Commencement of the construction 9/2018, completion of the construction and commencement of the operation by 3/2020.
- Date of physical completion of the project 6/2021.
- Total eligible expenditure of the project CZK 164.5 million
Basic information and possibilities of the building
- The whole building is designed as a complex laboratory/testbed with the possibility of controlling (monitoring and controlling) energy flows in all parts of the building and with important electrical equipment and installed technologies, including lighting (less important appliances are monitored and controlled as common units, e.g. PC sockets, etc.). Technology for tracking people’s processes, movement and needs.
- Integration of the timeless Building Management System (BMS). Specifically, integration into one control station with access to all technical systems and functions of the building. This system enables the dynamic and highly energy-efficient automatization of the building operation.
- Integrated optical fibre sensor network (floors, walls, supporting structure, access points), floor load evaluation, vibration monitoring due to technology operation, temperature, gas, person identification and many more.
- Photovoltaic power plant with an accumulation station for operating part of the building in an island mode. The “Home Care” section of the building as an energy-independent part. In case of necessity, supply from the distribution network is possible.
- Energy and data connectivity with the “Parking House” building (vehicle charging technology in the form of charging container, automated parking system management with vehicle charging capability).
- The building is part of a system of buildings connected by a 10 Gbit optical channel for high volume data transmissions (multiple optical channel), i.e. CPIT TL3 building – Parking House building - Information Technology Center of VSB-TUO – the FEECS building. In addition, there will be 10 Gbit traffic across all three parts of the CPI TL3.
1) Smart Factory (production line with Industry 4.0 elements)
- The testbed “Smart Factory”, Digital Factory with a production line with Industry 4.0 elements, combining physical line (mobile robots, partially belt conveyors, 3D printing, IoT elements, image recognition technology and 3D object identification, Machine Learning etc.) and partially production in a virtual reality environment. The factory will gradually be conceived as Digital Twin. At the moment, it is in the stage of architectural design and development of individual parts.
- In the section, you can control (monitor and control) energy flows to each individual production line facility.
- The testbed “HPS”, HIL-PIL-SIL modelling, simulation and testing of electronic systems in a component or integration assembly.
- Functional Safety and Automotive Spice Department
- Unit for testing vehicles with conventional, electric or hybrid drive.
- Indoor and outdoor charging stations for electric vehicles and plug-in hybrid vehicles. Installed stations with power flow control capabilities, operating up to a supercharging mode.
- In this section, it is possible to control (monitor and control) the energy flows of every system with significant power consumption (HIL systems, active dynamic testing, controlled ventilation, hydraulic systems and other technologies).
3) Home Care
- A section of two full-fledged housing units (integration of sensing systems and actuators with dual wall access, monitoring and control of energy flows to the level of each individual outlet and installed electrical appliance). One apartment is designed as a tracking one with people’s real life. The second apartment was conceived as a mirror of a real tracking flat to enable the access of workers/students working on realized projects.
- Department for evaluating monitored quantities (control room).
- Operation as an energy-independent island network (photovoltaic power station with accumulation station) with the possibility of supply from the distribution network.
Ing. Petr Šimoník, Ph.D.
Vice-Dean for Development, FEECS VSB - TUO