The aim of the study program is to train experts in the field of control, information and measurement systems. Graduates are able to independently solve complex technical tasks in the design, implementation and maintenance of control, measurement and information systems.
The technical areas on which the study program is focused are currently undergoing rapid development. Concepts such as production digitization, Industry 4.0, automation, robotics are key trends in the industry. Graduates of the study program will be able to meet the requirements of companies in these areas. This is due to the structure of the study plans of the program, which combines both the field of cybernetics, measurement, electronics, signal processing, and the field of application software development. Thus, the graduate not only masters the so-called lower level of control characterized by various means of automation or measurement technology, but also masters the higher level of control characterized by software means, human-machine interface, including application software for control systems. Thus, the combination of knowledge is in great demand on the labor market and is unique.
The study program is based on three pillars:
- The theoretical basis of the program is mathematics.
- The basic theoretical subjects of the profiling basis are focused on the field of cybernetics, measurement and signal processing.
- The subjects of the profiling basis are divided into three blocks, which form a set of suitably connected subjects. The student must choose one block.
The profiling base blocks are as follows:
- Industrial automation - this block is suitable for students whose main priority is the application of means of industrial automation and robotics.
- Computers and information systems in control - this block is suitable for students whose main priority is embedded control systems, design of own electronics based on microprocessor technology, creation of application software for these devices.
- Measuring and testing systems - this block is suitable for students who want to deal in more detail with measuring technology and virtual instrumentation.
These basic areas of the study program are further supplemented by a wide range of optional subjects, within which the student has the opportunity to compile his / her study plan according to his / her preferences.
Within the study of the program, emphasis is placed on the graduates being able to systematically solve complex tasks, master the engineering approach, work in a team and be able to work with various sources of information.